Wednesday 7 April 2010

"That's What I Want" Wednesday!

Although I try to adhere to John's plea to 'imagine no possessions' sometimes there's just that item of memorabeatlia that I really really want! So "That's What I Want" Wednesday will be a chance for me to share the latest greatest fab gear to buy, sights to see, and places to go.

Come August this year it will be exactly 50 years since John, Paul, George, Pete and Stu first arrived in Hamburg to play a variety of seedy clubs in the notorious red light area of the Reeperbahn. So a must have for my wardrobe this summer has to be a Star Club
t-shirt to go with my bag of the same design, which has been a fave accessory for a few years now.

Next up is an
exhibition that I have no excuse for missing as it's just up the road in Dundee. "From Dundee To Abbey Road" is a celebration of the late scottish photographer Iain Macmillan (the Abbey Road cover shot is just a tiny portion of his long career) and runs till 3rd June at Dundee's Discovery Point Cafe. The lovely May Pang, John's girlfriend during his estrangement from Yoko in the early/mid 70s, was a recent visitor to the exhibition (nice wee interview about her attendance here). I just wish I had had a chance to meet her (she did make an appearance at Beatleweek in Liverpool once but it was only to introduce a band), as she is someone who has always upheld John's memory with respect and obviously loved him a great deal.

Last today is something I do already own, but fear I may have lost amongst the clutter of my home. It's a replica of a necklace John wore in the famous New York City t-shirt
photos taken by Bob Gruen in 1974. The necklace consists of a silver cross and a tablet engraved with the astrological sign for Libra. I bought my copy of the necklace from The Beatles Shop in Mathew Street a few years ago now. It's probably a geeky step too far to wear it with the famous NYC t-shirt, which I also have in my wardrobe, but what the hell!




No comments:

Post a Comment